Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A Cozy Zig Zag Quilt


This quilt came about from the Color Intensive Workshop taught by Rachel at Stitched In Color.   We had an assignment to pick colors from our color card that represented a feeling or an emotion.  I chose cozy and here's my color palette:


Then we were supposed to pull fabrics to go with our color cards:



If I'm going to take the time to pull fabrics then I should use those to make a quilt!  I was missing a dark brown, so after a fabric shopping trip last month I chose the zig zag pattern that's made from rectangles (as opposed to HSTs).  I also removed the lightest yellow print, because it was too light.  It's not a huge quilt as I have been making them with nursing home recipients in mind.



My cute helpers were being playful as we took some photos!



As I was trimming the sides of the quilt top, I was thinking there should be some way to use those odd shapes.  I sewed 2 pieces together to make a square, sashed them with 1 inch black strips and sewed them in a line.  It looks more impressive in person!  Anyway, I was pleased with myself for using the scraps on the back of my quilt.




  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job on the zig zag quilt. Good job using the cut off bits on the back. The colors are definitely cozy and the boys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...