Friday, June 20, 2014

Even Boys Can Quilt! - Part 2


Yesterday I blogged about David's Quilt and today it's Luke's turn!  It was so fun to teach 2 of my boys to sew.  Luke also chose his own fabrics and sewed the top.  The difference with him is that he wanted to quilt his own!  Since he was tall enough I helped him by standing behind him and holding on a little so he wouldn't get too far off the lines.  Here's his quilting, which isn't bad for a first try!


Linkig to: TGIFF at Sew Fresh Quilts  and Can I Get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict
     

5 comments:

  1. Great quilting! I can only hope that my first attempts will be half as good! (currently I just quilt with a walking foot.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Luke! Okay if I copy your pattern? How big are your squares? I need to make some baby quilts and this pattern would be perfect.

    Shannon, you have some a couple of very talented boys! Putting four of Luke
    s quilt together would make a great couch quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Luke! Your quilt looks great!!! Wasn't that fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! My son has used the walking foot, but maybe I should let him try some free motion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice job on your quilt! How wonderful that you are learning skills that will come in handy as you grow older:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...