Thursday, October 30, 2014

Disappearing 4 Patch Complete!


My friend Norece made a disappearing 4 patch a while ago saying that she had a stack of 6.5 inch blocks.  That got me thinking that I might have one in the closet too!   I did and it was a black Hawaiian  print that I had bought from the estate sale.


Love the pattern.  I wanted to make it bigger, but I ran out of the light fabric and couldn't find anymore.  I used the rest of it on the back to make racing stripes.  



Quilted in swirls to soften all the straight lines on the front. 


 Sometimes it takes a friend to encourage you to make a new pattern.  Thanks Norece for all your good ideas!

3 comments:

  1. Shannon - your quilt came out just perfect! Love the movement of the swirls. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love D4P blocks. Yours are stunning. Will you be making more D4P quilts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, most definitely! I want to try one with more colors. I think those look fun too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...